Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Wednesday, 5 June 2019

Strolling the Parks


Westminster Ponds, ESA, London, Ontario

June 3, 2019 - I haven't been to Westminster Ponds for awhile so I decided to go this morning.  It was clear with a nice  breeze.  I walked the boardwalk to where the trails start.  The trails were quite muddy so I went back and walked the south side of the ponds until again where the trails started it was muddy.  There is a little walkout at Saunders Pond.  I always see swallows, flycatchers, turtles, etc.  There were families of Canada Geese, Tree Swallows, Red-winged Blackbirds, Song Sparrows, House Wrens and an Eastern Phoebe.

Canada Geese with goslings

Baltimore Oriole

Baltimore Oriole  (female)

Eastern Phoebe

Buttercup  sp.

Aster  Sp. 

Midland Painted Turtle

Greenway Park

June 4, 2019 - The wild flowers are beautiful along Thames River.

Eastern Kingbird


Dame's Rocket


Dame's Rocket



Dame's Rocket


No comments:

Post a Comment