Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Thursday, 7 February 2019

Slushy and Icy Week - February 4-7, 2019

Greenway Park - Monday, February 4, 2019   9c, overcast

It was a milder day but lots of slush and water around...I saw a nice variety of birds.  It's always nice to see a Great Blue Heron.  A Bald Eagle flew over and made a circle and came back...beautiful bird!

Great Blue Heron

Bald Eagle

There were a few ducks in the river.  A lot of Common Goldeneyes, Common Mergansers and Buffleheads. 

Common Goldeneye

Common Mergansers

I watched a flock of Robins (18) in the bushes and some looking around for bugs. 

Leucistic Robin

I saw this goose with a group of Canada Geese.  It has a Canada Goose body but has bright orange legs.  The neck is faded black and grey with a white face.  A Canada Goose X     ?




Greenway Park, Thursday, February 7, 2019   -1c, overcast

We've had freezing rain the last few days coating ice on trees and bushes. 


I spotted a male Long-tailed Duck.  I watched it for 10 minutes.  It's a very striking duck.  


Downy Woodpecker



There were 2 Canvasbacks near the grassy island off shore.  Not good photos as there are a lot of branches and twigs in the way.  


No comments:

Post a Comment