Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 3 February 2019

Findings at Greenway and Springbank Parks

Greenway Park, London, Ontario

I had to go out birding on this mild day.  The snow is melting into slush and a lot of water around.  It went to 6c and partly cloudy.  A lot of people were out for walks, taking their dogs for walks and joggers.
The first bird I saw was an immature bald eagle flying overhead.  There were lots of Canada Geese and Mallards.


I went to another area of the park where Common Goldeneyes, Buffleheads and Common Mergansers can be seen through all the branches and twigs.

Common Goldeneyes and Buffleheads

Common Goldeneyes

Common Goldeneye

Common Merganser  (female)

Common Mergansers

It was nice to see Robins (5).





White-breasted Nuthatch

I went to Springbank Park too.  Didn't take any photos.  I saw White-breasted Nuthatches, Dark-eyed Juncos, Northern Cardinals, Black-capped Chickadees, Mallards and Canada Geese.

No comments:

Post a Comment