Susan's Birding and Nature Blog
Some Boxing Day Birding
Greenway Park, London, Ontario
I went to Greenway Park this morning to see what I can find. It's been a couple of days since I've been out birding. At the start, light snow was falling. It was cloudy, -1c. There were Common Mergansers, Buffleheads, lots of Mallards and Canada Geese.
 |
| Common Merganser |
 |
| Common Merganser |
I never get tired of American Robins (8) especially seeing them in December.
This immature Double-crested Cormorant was at the edge of the river.
I also saw a Great-Blue Heron, Common Crows, Cardinals and Ring-billed Gulls.
 |
| Bufflehead |
There was a nice flurry of Black-capped Chickadees, Dark-eyed Juncos, American Goldfinches, and White-breasted Nuthatches.
 |
| American Goldfinch |
 |
| Dark-eyed Junco |
 |
| Black-capped Chickadee |
 |
| White-breasted Nuthatch |
I enjoyed hearing the Carolina Wren singing away.
 |
| Carolina Wren |
No comments:
Post a Comment