Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Saturday, 5 April 2025

Findings in April 2025

I have been birding around the Coves, Hyde Park and Westminster Ponds lately.  I'm seeing a nice variety of birds as birds are returning.  I have seen Turkey Vultures and Eastern Phoebes recently.  We had one day last week that was warm and sunny but other days have been cooler with rain and even freezing rain/sleet.  Here are some of the birds I saw.  

Wood Duck

Northern Flicker

Ring-necked Duck

Common Merganser

Hooded Merganser

American Robin

Great Blue Heron

Eastern Phoebe

Eastern Phoebe

Turkey Vulture

American Kestrel

Killdeer

Pied-billed Grebe

American Coot

This Red-tailed Hawk came flying in and landed on a light standard looking around.  Then it took off right over me to the ground in a field.  I was taking photos of it when it took off.  It is rare for me to get flight photos.





No comments:

Post a Comment