Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 16 February 2025

Winter Birding - February 2025

 February 10-15, 2025, Greenway Park and Springbank Park

I was only out for two days this week as we had some snowy days.  

I went to the parks and walked along Thames River to see what I can find.  I really enjoy looking at the ducks.  Common Goldeneyes, Bufflehead, Common Mergansers, Hooded Mergansers, Mallards and Canada Geese.

Common Goldeneye

The Northern Pintails have been around for a few days.  I managed to find them.  Two males and one female.  They are not common here.




The male Ring-necked Duck is still around

 
On this day, I saw 9 Great Blue Herons in the trees.



Again, the Bald Eagles were flying around and resting in trees ....a joy to watch..





I saw some Hooded Mergansers.  I always just see a few at a time.  They are never here in big numbers.




The Red-breasted Merganser is more of a rare find here.  This female below was busy diving.



No comments:

Post a Comment