Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 21 April 2024

Some Findings mid-April 2024

 Komoka Park - April 15

Eastern Bluebird



Field Sparrow

Lots of Red Admirals today.....


And lots of turtles...



I found this baby Painted Turtle on the trail so I moved it closer to the water's edge.

At Uplands North Wetland, April 16, I got my first Cabbage White of the year.



Hooded Merganser (8) all female



Common Grackle

Lots of Painted Turtles today enjoying the sun.






Canada Goose and goslings

The last two days I was at Greenway Park.  Overcast days with heavy drizzle at times and strong NW winds.  The Osprey was kept low on the nest.  A Western Tanager was found at Greenway the other day, so I was trying to find it along with other birders but no luck.

Osprey

Beautiful day Sunday, Apr 21.  I saw Turkey Vultures and Red-tailed Hawks flying today.


Red-tailed Hawk

Red-tailed Hawk

American Lady


No comments:

Post a Comment