Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Monday, 31 July 2023

Findings Last Week of July 2023

I went to a few places in London, Ontario to see what I can find.  A nice variety of things.

Turkey Vulture

It's getting a little crowded.

Northern Map Turtles and Spiny Softshells

I was at the Coves the other morning.  The mosquitoes are still bad.  I saw this beautiful Great Blue Heron...quickly got some pictures as the mosquitoes were buzzing around my head and face.


At Greenway, I didn't see to many butterflies but it was nice to see this Garter Snake.  This is the 3rd Garter Snake I've seen this summer. The snakes were at least 2ft long or more.  I did see another endangered/threatened snake species earlier this summer.  I did not see one snake last year.


This is the time of year to look for shorebirds.

Greater Yellowlegs

Today at Kains Woods ESA, I saw a few Monarchs, Cabbage Whites, Common Wood Nymphs and one Eastern Tiger Swallowtail.

Belted Kingfisher


Eastern Tiger Swallowtail

Monarch

Bald Eagle

I can't believe we are into August tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment