Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Friday, 26 May 2023

Some Pleasant Days Birding

This past week I was birding in the Hyde Park area, Springbank Park and Kilally Meadows.  There were a nice variety of birds.  In Hyde Park, I saw my FOY Eastern Kingbird.  Also Great Blue Heron, Green Heron, Canada Geese with their goslings, Turkey Vultures, Killdeers, Field Sparrows, Song Sparrows, Yellow Warblers, Red-winged Blackbirds, Tree Swallows, Barn Swallows, Common Yellowthroat, Catbirds, and Baltimore Orioles. 

I'm looking for butterflies and dragonflies too.  I've only seen Cabbage Whites and no dragonflies so far.

Green Heron

Eastern Kingbird

I was watching the Great Blue Heron for awhile.  The Red-winged Blackbirds were not happy with the heron around so the heron was being harassed.


Northern Rough-winged Swallow


Common Yellowthroat

There were some nice birds at Springbank Park.  Here is a Wood Duck having a sleep on a rock.  


Carolina Wren

Solitary Sandpiper

At Kilally Meadows there are a lot of Yellow Warblers, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, and Baltimore Orioles.  The Eastern Towhee was nice to see.  I heard it singing and found it in an open bush.  


Two Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.




Saw my first Bullfrog of the season.

American Bullfrog


No comments:

Post a Comment