Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Thursday, 19 January 2023

Birding Area Parks

I went for a walk at Greenway Park, January 10, 2023 to see what was at the river.  Lots of Canada Geese and Mallards.  Also saw some Hooded Mergansers, Common Mergansers, and American Black Ducks.  The water is still high at the Thames with no ice or snow.  The ducks are spread out more because of that.



There were 4 crows making a fuss over in the tree area.  I noticed a Cooper's Hawk high up in a tree.  The crows were constantly harassing the hawk.

There was a little open water at the swamp area that the Mallards are together swimming around at the Coves, January 11.  


I saw two Carolina Wrens and there were very active.  



In the swamp area there were Song Sparrows, American Tree Sparrows, Winter Wren, Carolina Wrens, Dark-eyed Juncos, American Goldfinches, House Finches, Downy Woodpeckers, and White-breasted Nuthatch.  I watched these birds for awhile.  

Song Sparrow

American Tree Sparrow

Two Red-tailed Hawks were flying over together.


No comments:

Post a Comment