Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Thursday, 1 December 2022

Late November Birding

I did some birding close to home this week. The days have been overcast, around 3c and damp.  

I saw two Killdeers at Greenway.  This is the latest I've seen Killdeers in Middlesex County.  



There were 5 Robins in a tree together.  The only Robins I've seen this week.


At the Coves, two Hooded Mergansers were swimming around.  The water was all ice last week but more open water this week.


Two Great Blue Herons were resting in a tree at the Coves.  



The two Great Blue Herons in the tree below.


Mallards

Final Note:  November 28, 29 and 30 as I was birding these white moths were flying around.  I've never seen moths this time of year.  The temperature these 3 days were from 3c to 8c, overcast.

White to beige coloured moths??


No comments:

Post a Comment