Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 23 October 2022

Mid-October Birding

October 17, 2022 - Coves

We had a few cold, rainy days this past week. I went to the Coves for a morning walk before it started to rain.  Halfway through my walk it started to rain. I didn't get a lot of photos as I was trying to cover my bins and camera from getting wet.  

This Great Blue Heron didn't look too thrilled about the rain.



Double-crested Cormorants

Wood Ducks

Lots of White-throated Sparrows at Kilally Meadows the other day.  Hard to find them in the fallen leaves.



Hairy Woodpecker

The Northern Cardinals were on the ground with the sparrows and having a bath in the puddle.


Yesterday was a beautiful day.  Lots of Canada Geese in the pond and flying in small numbers.  There were some Mallards, a Great Blue Heron, Ring-billed Gulls, Turkey Vultures, Northern Flicker, American Crows, lots of Robins, Blue Jays, Red-winged Blackbirds, Common Grackles, Cedar Waxwings, Song Sparrows, White-throated Sparrows, American Goldfinches, Dark-eyed Juncos, House Finches, a Field Sparrow, a Catbird and lots of Starlings

Canada Geese

Song Sparrow in the weeds

Red-winged Blackbird


No comments:

Post a Comment