Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Saturday, 21 May 2022

Rondeau Park - 2022

May 10, 2022

It was a lovely day at Rondeau Park, 22c and sunny.  I saw a nice variety of birds.  In the warbler category - Prothonotary Warbler, Yellow Warblers, Chestnut-sided Warblers, American Redstarts, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Common Yellowthroat, and a Magnolia Warbler.

Mute Swans

I walked the Tulip Trail and was lucky the Prothonotary Warbler was around.  This was the first warbler of the day.  A beautiful warbler.  It was busy hopping branch to branch above the water.  They are an endangered species.





Out at the beach, the Purple Martin houses were busy with Purple Martins coming and going.  I saw no activity at the water.   



Downy Woodpecker

White-breasted Nuthatch

At the Marsh Trail, I noticed a couple of Buffleheads and some Red-breasted Mergansers.


Red-breasted Mergansers

The flowers were blooming nicely.




A very nice day at Rondeau Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment