Since the beginning of April, I've been going around to different ponds in London. A pond in southeast London had some Hooded Mergansers, Bufflehead, a Pied-billed Grebe. The area around the pond, I saw Killdeers, Turkey Vultures, Song Sparrows, Brown-headed Cowbirds, and Red-Winged Blackbirds.
.JPG) |
| Hooded Merganser |
.JPG) |
| Bufflehead |
.JPG) |
| Turkey Vulture |
At Greenway. the Common Mergansers are still around. Also some Wood Ducks.
.JPG) |
| Common Mergansers |
.JPG) |
| Wood Duck |
I checked out Westminster Ponds one day. A Red-necked Grebe was reported there. The grebe was way out at the other end of the pond at one point. It was diving and eventually came closer. I have seen a Red-necked Grebe but it was a long time ago. It was nice to see this beautiful bird. ..JPG)
I noticed a pair of Hairy Woodpeckers. It was a very dull day, so my photos are dark.
.JPG) |
| Song Sparrow |
.JPG) |
| Northern Flicker |
No comments:
Post a Comment