Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 17 October 2021

Fall Birding

Last week I went to the Hyde Park area.  It was a warm and humid week.  We had rain and most days were overcast.  I found the mosquitoes were really bad and were biting.  I didn't have much problems with mosqutioes all summer until last week.  I think because everything is wet and it was humid.

Some photos I took were distant shots so not very clear.  

Belted Kingfisher

Great Blue Heron

Red-winged Blackbird

Birds I saw were Canada Geese, Mallards, Great Blue Herons, Turkey Vultures, Cooper's Hawk, Kestrel, Killeers, Blue Jays, Northern Cardinal, Belted Kingfisher, American Robins, Catbird, Red-winged Blackbirds, Common Grackles, American Goldfinches, White-throated Sparrows, White-crowned Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos, Song Sparrows, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Palm Warblers, Common Yellowthroat, House Finches, lots of Mourning Doves and Starlings.

Killdeers on the rocks

American Robin

Starlings

Poor distant photos. 

American Kestrel

Cooper's Hawk


No comments:

Post a Comment