Week of June 21-26, 2021
We got a lot of rain this past week so I didn't get out much. Again, I was looking for butterflies. A lot of Cabbage Whites, Little Wood Satyrs, European Skippers and the new one I saw was the Banded Hairstreak. There were a lot of them the one day I was out.
 |
| European Skipper |
 |
| Foxglove Beardtongue |
 |
| Common Milkweed |
 |
| Tree Swallow |
 |
| Catbird |
 |
| Eastern Meadowlark |
I watched a family of Ospreys (5) flying around. Two adults and three juveniles. It was a windy day so for the juveniles, it was good practise flying around and landing in the strong winds.
 |
| Osprey |
 |
| Savannah Sparrow |
 |
| Northern Mockingbird |
The Banded Hairstreaks like Common Milkweed. They are very tiny. |
| Banded Hairstreak |
 |
| Little Wood Satyr |
No comments:
Post a Comment