Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Monday, 7 September 2020

Recent Findings in London

August 31, 2020  The Coves

I was going to take a photo of the Great Blue Heron but my camera found a Green Heron. I didn't get a chance to focus in time and it was gone.  

Green Heron


Northern Parula

Eastern Wood Pewee

I watched the Great Egrets for awhile catching fish.  

Great Egrets

September 1, 2020 - Hyde Park

There were a few butterflies today.  I also saw some Monarchs. 

Common Ringlet

Cabbage White

Orange Suphur

September 3, 2020 - Greenway Park

It was nice to see a Greater Yellowlegs in the Thames River along with some Mallards. 

Greater Yellowlegs

The osprey was in a nearby tree looking around.  

Osprey

Monarch

September 5, 2020 - The Coves

It was an overcast day today with a light drizzle.  A lot of my photos were dark and shadows.  I couldn't get the settings right.



The Great Blue Heron below was up in a tree above me.  


I think I got some American Redstarts here.  They kept bouncing around...going behind branches and leaves.  Photo not great. 


I'm not sure what the bird is below.  I'm thinking Blue-gray Gnatcatcher.  My photos were just terrible today.  There was a nice flurry of small birds...some Back-capped Chickadees, American Goldfinches, and Downy Woodpeckers mixed in.



No comments:

Post a Comment