Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Wednesday, 1 April 2020

Some Local Birding - London

London, Ontario

In this time of the Covid-19 Virus Pandemic and physical distancing, I'm trying to find areas away from people.  I have been visiting some ponds in the area to find some nice duck species.  One day, I counted 18 Bufflehead.  Also, I've seen Ring-necked Ducks and Mallards. It's so nice to hear the Red-winged Blackbirds, Song Sparrows, American Robins, Carolina Wrens and Northern Cardinals singing.

(I continue to have camera problems...I can't get the focusing right.)  

Ring-necked Duck

Ring-necked Ducks

Ring-necked Ducks

The Osprey has returned to nest in the same area as last year. 

Osprey building nest

Song Sparrow

Red-tailed Hawk

Canada Geese

Pussy Willows

Mourning Dove

First flowers I've seen this Spring.


The last couple of days I have been hearing croaking frogs....very loud but could not find them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment