Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Tuesday, 26 March 2019

Happenings March 25 & 26

Hyde Park Drainage Pond - March 25, 2019

I checked out the drainage pond in Hyde Park to see what was there.  It was a nice sunny day but still a little cool 1c.  The ice has melted on the water now.  I found two Hooded Mergansers and 3 Ring-necked Ducks.  There were also some Mallards and Canada Geese.  


Hooded Mergansers

Ring-necked Ducks


I saw 3 Brown-headed Cowbirds (FOY).


Lots of Cardinals singing away.


Song Sparrows were singing too.  


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Springbank Park - March 26, 2019

Today again a nice sunny day but cool 1c.  It's nice to walk along the banks of Thames River and hearing the sounds of Spring.  Lots of Cardinals, Red-winged Blackbirds and Robins.  Also, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Downy Woodpeckers and White-breasted Nuthatch.  

Common Merganser


Looking down the bank of the river, I saw a groundhog scurrying along.  It stopped and I had a good opportunity to get some photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment