Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Monday, 8 October 2018

Little Birding on Thanksgiving Weekend

Hyde Park West Drainage Pond and Trail, London Ontario
Saturday, October 6, 2018

20c, rain and cloudy

It rained most of the morning and into the afternoon.  I went to Hyde Park Pond and Trail this afternoon rain or not.  My photos are terrible with the lighting and background sky.

I saw lots of Cabbage Whites, Clouded Sulphurs, 1 Eastern Tailed-Blue and 1 Monarch.


Flocks of Canada Geese were flying over.


This bird was so far away that I had to heavy crop the photo.  It's not very clear either and the lighting was bad. I don't know what I got here.




I'm thinking this is a Cooper's Hawk.  It was a good size.


There were lots of Robins (over 35).  At one point, a hawk was chasing them.


I got a photo of a robin and didn't realize there was a woodpecker there too!


I saw this little bird high in the tree with the Robins. Again, it's too dark to identify.


No comments:

Post a Comment