Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 19 August 2018

Weekend Findings - Aug 18-19, 2018

Hyde Park Drainage Pond - August 18 & 19, 2018

I go to Hyde Park, along Thames River and Springbank Park a lot because it's close to where I live.  I never get tired of these places as there is so much to see especially this time of year.  Both yesterday and today were quite warm.  

Northern Crescent

Clouded Sulphur

There were lots of Common Ringlets around.


Common Ringlet

Halloween Pennant

Widow Skimmer (male)

The pretty Eastern Tailed-Blue...it was opening its wings so I was trying to get a photo of the blue upper wings.  I got this photo and even one with the wings more open but it was blurry. 

Eastern Tailed-Blue

Lots of grasshopper species around.

Grasshopper sp.

Barn Swallows were flying around and feeding their young.








Northern Leopard Frog


No comments:

Post a Comment